We are a caring, Christ-centered church family where no one stands alone as we take risks together to connect people with Jesus.
Our goal is to become a family of committed believers who are growing in love, worship, fellowship, discipleship, and service in order to reach the world for Jesus Christ.
What We Believe
The church is to be known as KIRTLAND CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP. Each member of Kirtland Christian Fellowship ("KCF") shall subscribe to the following statement of faith:
- We believe that all 66 books of the Bible (Old and New Testaments) are the infallible and inerrant Word of God, fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, and the final authority in every matter that it addresses.
- We believe in One God in three persons: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This one, true God is the creator & sustainer of all that exists, both in heaven & on earth.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, the Son, was God become man; that He was conceived supernaturally by the Holy Spirit to a young virgin named Mary; that He died on a cross for our sins; that He rose from the dead, and is alive today.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the 3rd Person of the Trinity. He reveals Christ to us. He comes to live in the hearts of believers, gives new life and the power to live for God, and gifts for service. We believe in the conscious experience of the filling and empowering of the Holy Spirit for service today.
- We believe that every human being is separated from God, and under His just condemnation, because of sin. The only way that any person can be forgiven and reconciled to our Heavenly Father is through repentance and by trusting in Christ's redeeming work on the Cross and being spiritually reborn by the supernatural act of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Church is God's family, composed of everyone who has placed their faith in Christ. Local congregations of the Church are where believers gather to worship and grow together in faith.
- We believe that Jesus rose, literally and bodily, from the dead, and that He will return one day to judge the earth and fully establish God's Kingdom for all eternity.
Kirtland Christian Fellowship: Mission & Core Values
Mission: Kirtland Christian Fellowship is a church family that passionately introduces others to Jesus. When the world looks at us we want them to see a Christ-centered church family where no one stands alone.
Our lives are Jesus centeredi and Holy Spirit filledii. This is where it all begins.
As worthy and valuable members of our church family, we all participate in the process of:
- Building Authentic Community. No one stands alone.iii We celebrate our victories togetheriv, care for one another in times of troublev, comfort one another in times of sorrowvi, and forgive one another when we make mistakes.vii We make a bold commitment to take the risk of speaking the Truth in love to each other.viii
- Pursuing God's Calling. Every person in our church family has been uniquely gifted by Godix and placed in this place and at this time to join God in His plan.x We encourage each other to draw close to God, understand God's calling, and use all our gifts as we carry out our calling.xi
- Living as a Life-Change Catalyst. We are not ashamed of the Good News of Jesus, and we understand the power of the Good News.xii Therefore we share the Good News through our words, actions, and attitudes. As we follow Jesus and experience the life-changing power of the Living God, we allow the Holy Spirit to fuel our passion for introducing others to Jesus.xiii
As a church family we place extra emphasis on:
- Inspiring Creativity & Innovation. As we join God in His work, we maximize our creativity and develop innovative ways to fulfill our mission to introduce others to Jesus.
- Empowering Every Generation. Each person in every generation is loved by Godxivand is empowered to use their gifts and pursue their calling.xv
*Click the black arrows to expand the verses below
i Galatians 2:20, John 15:5, Colossians 1:27, Hebrews 12:2
"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20 ESV
"I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5 ESV
"To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." Colossians 1:27 ESV
"looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2 ESV
ii Acts 1:8, Ephesians 5:18, Galatians 5:16-18,25
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." Acts 1:8 ESV
"And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit," Ephesians 5:18 ESV
"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 25If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit." Galatians 5:16-18,25 ESV
iii Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken." ESV
iv Romans 12:15
"Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep." ESV
v Galatians 6:2
"Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." ESV
vi Romans 12:15
"Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep." ESV
vii Colossians 3:13
"bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive." ESV
viii Ephesians 4:15
"Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ," ESV
ix Romans 12:6
"Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith;" ESV
x Acts 17:26
"And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place," ESV
xi Romans 12:1-2, 1 Corinthians 12:7, Ephesians 4:1
"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:1-2 ESV
"To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good." 1 Corinthians 12:7 ESV
"I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called," Ephesians 4:1 ESV
xii Romans 1:16
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek." ESV
xiii 1 Peter 3:15
"but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect," ESV
xiv John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." ESV
xv Romans 12:6-8
"Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness." ESV
Kirtland Christian Fellowship
A church family that passionately introduces others to Jesus